FRAMES – Lifetime Limited Warranty
The warranty applies to the original purchaser of the EmaJames Home upholstery frame in its original fabric. All frames are warranted to be free of manufacturing defects for a lifetime from the date of purchase. The warranty applies to normal residential use and does not apply to defects resulting from negligence, misuse and/or accidents.
SPRINGS – Lifetime Limited Warranty
The warranty applies to the original purchaser of all EmaJames Home springs, legs and bed mechanisms to be free against breakage due to defective material or workmanship for a lifetime from the date of purchase. The warranty applies to normal residential use and does not apply to defects resulting from negligence, misuse and/or accidents.
FOAM – Lifetime Limited Warranty
The warranty applies to the original purchaser of all EmaJames Home cushions
against loss of foam resiliency for the lifetime of the product. Upholstery foam will soften and flatten with normal use and aging. Only the loss of foam resiliency due to a manufacture’s defect is covered by this warranty.
FABRICS – 2 Year Limited Warranty
(35,000 – 99,000 Double Rubs)
or 5 Year Limited Warranty
(100,000 + Double Rubs)
The warranty applies to the original purchaser of the EmaJames Home upholstery fabric against defective material and workmanship, for either two or five years from the date of purchase under normal residential care and use.
The warranty does not cover:
• Fading, pilling or shrinking
• Heavy soiling or abuse
• Crushing, shading, or tracking that give pile type fabrics its distinctive characteristics
• Damage due to chemical treatment or improper cleaning
Please see the EmaJames Home Care Guidelines for Maintaining Upholstered Furniture.
LEATHERS – 1 Year Limited Warranty
The warranty applies to the original purchaser of the EmaJames Home leather upholstery including stitching and zippered assemblies. The warranty applies to normal residential use using the care and maintenance outlined in EmaJames Home Leather Furniture Guidelines. The warranty does not apply to defects resulting from negligence, misuse and/or accidents.
LEATHER FURNITURE INFORMATION
Peeling -The finish will not peel from the leather.
Cracking -The leather will resist cracking under normal use.
Tearing -The leather will resist tearing under normal use.
Tackiness -The leather will not become tacky or sticky.
Please see the EmaJames Home Care Guidelines for Maintaining Leather Furniture.
EMAJAMES HOME WARRANTY SERVICE
Within a reasonable time and at our discretion, EmaJames Home will either repair or replace, any part or parts of our products which fail to perform properly, due to manufacturing defects for the period of time as outlined in our warranties. The repair or replacement value is limited to the original purchase price.
To obtain service, you must contact the Furniture Dealer from whom you purchased the product. Customers must keep the original bill of sale as proof of purchase and delivery date. The Furniture Dealer will contact EmaJames Home or an EmaJames Home representative for quick service.
In the event of a warranty claim where merchandise has to be returned to the factory or to a local shop for repair or replacement, all transportation costs between your home and the dealer or the local repair shop will be your responsibility.
EMAJAMES HOME CARE GUIDELINES
For Maintaining Upholstered Furniture
- All upholstered furniture should be vacuumed frequently to remove surface dust and dirt before it works its way deep into the fiber structure. Dust and dirt can weaken fabrics and shorten their useful life. If the furniture has removable seat cushions, be sure to vacuum under them also.
- Spills should be blotted up immediately, not wiped. Additional cleaning techniques depend on the fabric.
- If the seat cushions are removable they should be rotated and flipped each time that you vacuum. Depending on the individual cushion style, you may have to “reverse ends” whereby the left facing cushion gets reversed and now becomes the right facing cushion. Generally, cushions on sofas and love seats are not interchangeable with each other.
- Do no remove the fabric from the seat cushion cores when cleaning. You may not be able to get the cushion back into the casing.
- If the furniture is upholstered in a light color, be it fabric, leather, or vinyl, certain types of clothing (jeans, in particular) may easily transfer their dyes to the upholstery, especially if the clothing is wet.
- Pilling or fuzz balls are a natural result of using certain upholstered fabrics, and are not considered a defect. Pilling results from fabric fibers that have been worn by the friction of use or from small particles of fabric dust present in weaving factories.
FOR MAINTAINING LEATHER FURNITURE
- Try to maintain at least two feet between your furniture and heating sources.
- Avoid placing your furniture in direct sunlight. All materials will fade over time when paced in direct sunlight. Aniline and Protected leathers are especially sensitive to sunlight.
- With leather, you can fully remove dust particles from the surface with a soft cloth. Use a professional cleaner to help resist staining and prevent overall soiling.
- Fully clean your furniture with a soft cloth and re-protect with a professional cream protector every six months to remove dirt as well as the gradual accumulation of body oils and perspiration. For oil-based stains, use a professional degreaser.
- Do not use any products that are not recommended by the manufacturer as they may negatively affect the leather’s surface.